A question about cupholders

I'm after a cup holder/coin tray and I was wondering if they are all the same? I know they can either go in a din slot or under the dash. I need a one to go in the din slot under the head unit. Also is the little din tray that goes above them part of it or separate? Cheers, Shaun.

Hey Shaun

The little din tray - I'm not sure if you mean the cubby hole but this was what usually came with pov spec Lupos. It may have come with some Lupo S too, however most came with the cup holder + coin tray. If you look on ebay, you'll find mixes of both the cup holder + coin tray or two cup holders. The part is quite easily disassembled so having twin cup holders is very possible, and you could always DIY it if you got a cheap cup holder + coin tray.

The little pen tray is part of the unit.

Tray\cupholders pull out and slot in. The only issue is "the fronts" (which clip off) are handed and VW never produced a blank one for the tray to go in the right.

Hey Shaun

The little din tray - I'm not sure if you mean the cubby hole but this was what usually came with pov spec Lupos. It may have come with some Lupo S too, however most came with the cup holder + coin tray. If you look on ebay, you'll find mixes of both the cup holder + coin tray or two cup holders. The part is quite easily disassembled so having twin cup holders is very possible, and you could always DIY it if you got a cheap cup holder + coin tray.

That's my plan but I'm not sure if there is more than one type of cupholder as I've saw some under the head unit and some where I have my hazards and demister. I had a CD player and a tape deck in mine, but now I have a aftermarket head unit and a cubby hole the same size underneath. I've saw cup holders in that space and they had a thin cubbyhole between itself and the head unit. Is that a separate piece or part of the cupholder?

OEM for a Lupo, yes. You may find them with either 2 cupholders, or 1 coinholder (left)and 1 cupholder (right).

You may find other types which fit though as it is an ISO\DIN slot.

OEM for a Lupo, yes. You may find them with either 2 cupholders, or 1 coinholder (left)and 1 cupholder (right).

You may find other types which fit though as it is an ISO\DIN slot.

Thanks for clearing that up mate :). I'm desperate for one but didn't know exactly what I needed. It's a nightmare not having anywhere for drinks like! Edited by Toddzilla