My damaged Loop :( - For now anyway.

89Rallye

I know most have seen this already, but I thought I would post it up in the readers rides section.

The car as I bought it..

fb8754c2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

fb87528e.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Being stripped, new panels fitted...

fb7c8fa0.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

fb7c8f1f.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Fitted a Toad Ai606 Cat 1 Alarm, a job I intend never to do ever ever again!! well until my Rallye is finnished (but thats another story altogether fb7c8ec2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Well all the panels are painted, just have to fit them and sort out a bent driveshaft and tie rod (picking them up in the morning). no more photos at the moment as my girlfriend has gone and broke my digital camera :mad: Not happy!!

Quick update, as I have sorted my camera out fb61477e.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Top coat,

fb614612.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

fb61461a.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Decisions, Decision.... !4's 16's or 17's???

I got a little bored so thought I would try some of my spare wheels on the Loop.

The 16" Momo's

fb61465f.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

17" TSW Evo R's

fb61467c.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

fb6146b5.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Simply Strange :baa:

fb6146f4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Needs lowering I know, which at the moment isnt going to happen sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I like them both too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> tho i prefer the TSW's, anly they look a bit too big ??? worst thing is that yr brakes are going to look ridiculous now sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

If your gonna drop a new engine in stick with smaller wheels and go for speed and handling. Otherwise, 17's are the way forward.

If your gonna drop a new engine in stick with smaller wheels and go for speed and handling. Otherwise, 17's are the way forward.

I agree, plus I think the Lupo will go the same way the Mk1 Golf did a few years back. Everybody had to have big wheels 17's, 18's etc

Then once that got overdone as we all know its now back to small euro wheels and small bumpers which were once sniggered at.

Well I am going to stay years ahead of the pack by sticking to my small wheels, so I am out of fashion at the moment it will soon get around to me biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The 16" Momo's & a set of lower springs for £40 ud be sorted mate wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

go with the 17s mate!! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

u selling the MOMOs blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

LOL @ Alan,

Nope sorry guys, for now the Momos are staying in my garage ready and waiting for the Rallye to roll out :thumbs:

I will glady sell the 17's though, open to offers (proper ones mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> ) on those.

I will glady sell the 17's though, open to offers (proper ones mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> ) on those.

What about 4 euros? thats what the go for on eBay biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

only jokin mate :thumbs:

Well here she is, where getting there.

fb461175.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

fb461146.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

fb461130.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

fb461100.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

fb46110f.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

The front end is only trial fitted, and as the paint reacted on the grille this also needs painting again.

Just got to find a headlight and paint the rear quarter, and `re-assemble` it all properly now. Oh and if your wondering the lower spoiler has just been painted which is why its missing.

Thanks Guys, will keep the photos coming.

Looks like the little reverse problem on the gearbox has returned :devil: which is something else now to sort out.

I did want the car together by the weekend but what with the current weather and all that doesnt look possible.

Also going to fixing that rather large hole in the glove box, any suggestions? (appart from replace the dash £700+ secondhand!)

fb5fe30c.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Would like to keep the CD changer in there or maybe go all out and do the screen thing, not sure yet. Watch this space.

How much for the 17's then??

Open to offers mate, the wheels are currently on my Corrado which is due to be broken sometime in the next 3 weeks, although I have been saying this for months blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> but this time its really gotta go!

So they wont be available till I have stripped the car, really good tyres on them and a few scratches (nothing too deep). if I dont get any decent offers its all going on Ebay, complete G60 engine anyone??

The Corrado is simply worth more inbits than it is complete, the engine is absolutley mint but the rest of the shell is falling apart. Oh and its a left hooker so no one wants it anyway.

No the G60 engine out of the Raddo is now going up for sale as I am going to use the G60 engine out of my Rallye for the Lupo biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Oh and yep you guessed theres something else planned for the Rallye :baa:

Dont really want the CD changer in the dash, as its going to be right on show. I could put a cover on it but this isnt what I have planned as whats built is going to be colour coded to the car :thumbs:

• 8 months later...

She not been seen for a while 8)

f8facaea.jpg.orig.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

f8facb04.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

f90268d9.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

There not the best photos, but its all I have at the moment.

Enjoy laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />