1.0 aer engine idle issue

So yesterday I thought I'd replace the air filter and at the same time I noticed the TB was a bit mucky so I cleaned it up with carb cleaner , I also changed the coolant and temp sensor and adjusted the throttle cable as I had slack on the pedal . Now since I've done all that when ever I start the car it revs up to just under 2k and then slowly decreases , and when ever I've picked up some speed and then stop the revs take quite longer to drop down to idle , i have taken the TB right off and gasket sealed it up an theres no leaks , it's getting quite annoying as it ran perfect before I.e 1100 on start up then straight down to 900 and revs dropped straight away , anyone had these problems?

Check your servo pipe hose for splits, but it sounds like you need to calibrate your TB with vcds, how ever it will self learn after a while how many miles you done since you have had it off.

Disconnecting your battery for 20 mins then running it may speed up the process.

Hose pipe is fine , have disconnected the battery for 30 mins also , done about 25 miles , it just strange how it was perfect and now isn't , could it be the temp sensor? I was thinking about putting the old one in and seeing what happens

Also mines is cable throttle , does that still need calibrating?

For anyone's that reads this. , got the car sorted , turned out the throttle cable wasn't tight enough and wasn't returning fully

For anyone's that reads this. , got the car sorted , turned out the throttle cable wasn't tight enough and wasn't returning fully