Wiper washer problem

cheesey

Just wondered if anyone has come across this problem ?

when i go to use my washer jets just the once they don't seem to stop and in the process is wasting all the water. It's getting to the point now that i've got to turn the car off to get them to stop, it some times happen's when i go to indicate.

I presume that'll be down to warn connectors in the wiper stalk but can't be a 100% sure?

Scott

i would suggest trying another switch either from a scrappy (you could be inheriting someone elses problems) or god forbid a brand new one from vw. as they say the choice is yours. unfortunately you need to remove the steering wheel airbag to do this.good luck, geoff

i would suggest trying another switch either from a scrappy (you could be inheriting someone elses problems) or god forbid a brand new one from vw. as they say the choice is yours. unfortunately you need to remove the steering wheel airbag to do this.good luck, geoff

When removing the steering wheel can i get away without disconecting the battery as long as the ignistion off ?

Was gong to renew both side's as the ikons on them are faded with time, but will get them from Eurocar parts as VW doesn't seem to be as cheap as i thought they'd be :surprised:

Edited by cheesey

i didn't know euro did them, i'll bear that in mind for the future. but i collect things like that from scrappers just in case

i didn't know euro did them, i'll bear that in mind for the future. but i collect things like that from scrappers just in case

Yeah mate genuine vw parts aswell £72 for the pair probably pricey but a need to sort this minor problem

bloody hell, i can buy a car for that and by the way i think (correct me if i'm wrong people) that you need to take the battery off and wait half an hour to be sure on the airbag issue