brake help?

IBeef

Hi everyone,

Not been on in a while, I've been contemplating selling my car or not for a while but I've decided to keep my lupo (:

I have however got an issue with the brakes, when i first drive the car on cold/wet mornings (not so much when its warm) the first few times i apply the brakes a horrible loud scraping noise comes from the rear passenger side but once I've used them a few times it goes away and I won't hear it again in that journey. I googled this and read it can be glazing in the drum so i left it. I have recently however noticed my lupo is struggling more up hills, to pull off and when I have a full car. Could this be my brakes binding? theres no engine light and the engine sounds fine, has anyone ever experienced this?

finally is there such thing as sports brake shoes? I ask because I do wanna up-rate the brakes on it eventually front and back, so I thought if they need changing then I'd put some better shoes in there. Would I also have to replace the drum? cars done 57k btw.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have Mintex discs and pads (OEM replacement) on the GTI. Bite really well.

Sports have discs in the rear. You could get a Sport rear beam and do the conversion.