Puddle in the car - Help!!

gatesy0093

So basically after a night of some serious rain, went to get in my car in the afternoon and discovered what seemed to be a small sized lake.

It appears to have came in from the front, around the bonnet release and possibly the pedals. It's only on the driver side aswell :(

Has anyone else had this experience or is it a common problem? Does anyone know how to sort this out permanently?

Also if it makes things easier I don't think it has came through the panel that's near the front wiper as I checked that around 2 months ago and there was nothing at all in there and it was bone dry and I don't think that the water has came through the vents anyway because they were dry when i got in aswell.

Cheers for any help. Joe

Edited by gatesy0093

I think it's most likely coming from behind the bonnet release as I've seen it drip from there a few times. However I wasn't expecting a puddle an inch deep this morning haha, the watering can is a good idea though, I'll give that a try when I can

• 3 weeks later...

Right well even though this was ages ago, I managed to source the problem. Found out it was the bonnet release cable bung had came out (the bit where it comes in from the dash up into the engine bay) (Also the drainage hole had clogged up) So I unclogged the drainage hole for a temporary fix but the problem now is I can't seem to get the bung back into the hole, every time I go to get the bung back into the hole it's like the cable won't physically let me push the cable down to get the bung back in. I realise I'm gonna have to take the lower part of the dash out to find the problem (haven't had time to do it yet) but thought I'd ask on here in case this has happened to anyone before and if anyone can give any pointers.

Cheers, Joe