Lock

katiepollard

Hey guys,

Well just brought my lupo a week ago now and picked it up Sunday, later realising the guy that sold it to me didn't give me some details which he should have such as the drivers side door not locking except for when done from inside whilst door is shut. My key doesn't lock the doors from the drivers side I have to unlock the car from the passenger side and even then I have to climb over and open the drivers door (yes it's a piss take) just wondering if any of you guys have had this problem and what it is and what you suggest I can do? I know I could just strip it and have a look but don't really know what I'm looking for tbh, any help much appreciated :)

It could just be a lock which has become seized, but sounds like it has possibly had a lock changed, possibly a replacement door, on the drivers side and the keys don't match.

Did he give you any other keys? Try them all.

Does the key actually go into the lock? Is there any turn on it at all? If you think it's seized, you could try flooding it with WD40 or similiar.

You should be able to get a replacement lock by going to VW and giving them your VIN and\or registration. Can't imagine it will be cheap though.

Cheap alternative could be getting a complete set of door\boot locks and keys from a breaker and swapping them all. It will mean you have different keys for doors and ignition, but at least you will be able to lock your door.

You could also get the iginition barrel and ECU from the breaker as a complete set, but I reckon it would be cheaper getting a replacement door lock (to match your originals) from VW.

try LupoBoz in the Traders area for the lock, he may be able to get you a price.

Thankyou!

And yep the key goes into the lock and wiggles a little but not much of a turn to be honest, and no he only gave me one key...

I think I may replace my door lock tbf, really annoyed as I didn't think to check that when I viewed it ! Thanks again :)