Bridgestone Potenza & Camskill

Dan S

Hey guys and girls,

Just a word of advice that if buying Bridgestone Potenza's don't go to Camskill. I placed an order sunday and they rang me today asking what car they were for. I told them they are going on some wheels, not a specific car (wanted to know why first) and the guy replied that as they're not going on standard Daihatsu Copen rims he can't sell them me. His excuses I remember were:

• It is illegal to sell them if they are not going on a Copen.
  • They are designed specifically for the Copen and it says so on the tyre (WTF?)
  • VOSA have declared tyre stretch illegal and it carries a £2500 fine.
  • VOSA and the Police have a database that says what tyre can go on what car (!)

Anyway, I argued against his points but he wouldn't sell me them so I've gone to someone who actually likes selling tyres. It's not cost me anything but time and if they don't want the business that's up to them!!

If you do go to Camskill, just make sure you say they're for a Copen and use a reg off a car ad if they ask... In hindsight I should have done that.

Edited by Dan S

id just be super awkward and ask for written proof of this ?

I argued against every point but at the end of the day they decide whether they want my money or not!

go to mytyres.co.uk they were cheaper and super fast delivery, no questions were ever asked :D

Way ahead of you on that one but thanks for the tip! haha

I wasn't asking with regards to you gettig the tyres off them or not, mOre with regards to their source and the reliability of it

Edited by scotty_82

Nonsense, I work at a tyre and exhaust garage in bedfordshire and its true that some cars have specific tyres ie mercs have an MO (merc only) stamp, audi have AO stamp, jags have a J and porsche have a N1, N2, N3 type, but its not illegal to sell you them at all, for all they know you could be putting them on your mantel piece lol I doubt you like them that much though. Anyway glad you got a set sorted now