GTI Manifold question

micp

Looking at getting a full custom system built by AAS.

However, they've told me it's illegal to fit a sports cat to the motor which I've just learned it is.

I've asked if they could build me a system and use my existing cat but they've said they'll need to see if the cat is attached to the manifold first.

So can anyone shed me some light or will I have to go and jack it up outside?

Is the cat on the GTI attached to the manifold or is it separate?

Cheers!

They should know really, my system was made up by them and i know they have done a few other Lupo's.. The cat is not built into the manifold, its in the section of pipe after the manifold.. They can build it with your existing 400cell cat, they designed mine so you are able to remove the cat section in a matter of minutes, its litterally four nuts which need removing and that section just drops out. This allows you to run a de-cat and simply slot the cat into place for mot day, with the de-cat mine was just too loud so im running the standard cat at the moment. I have a 200cell sports cat which i need to get fabricated into a piece of stainless pipe so its the same design as the decat and standard cat sections. Running a sports cat is not illegal, it passes the emissions test without any issues at all... Unless it exceeded the desibell level their is no reason for it to be illegal, and even if it did nobody is ever going too question it.. Worth every penny getting the system made up by AAS, their work is second to none.. You'll be amazed how clean their welds are, £1200 well spent..

Mike

Edited by Thissy

They're relatively new regulations.

When I spoke to them about getting one done he said they're not allowed to remove a standard cat any more.

Drive there, then remove your exhaust in the car park before you give them it. :lol: