chipped/scratched my doorpaint removing bumpstrips :(

is there anything i can do to mask this a bit,

i know im screwed unless i respray it, but anything to sort of make it less noticeable, they're quite deep scratches :(

I used ultimate compound on mine.. Mcguires stuff.. Its helped soooo much! :)

Doesnt make it perfect but worked brilliantly! Good bit of elbow grease and rub it in all different directions do it a few times over and it really makes a difference :)

Im thnking touch up pens for now and polish it back with compound at the weekend, will that look good? Im down to the metal in places -_-

thanks! im getting the pens tonight, then T-cut etc til it looks presentable ^.^

be careful with the t-cut my step dad had a chip in his golf boot went mad with t cut n its faded bits of the surrounding paint your first idea was better

or even better blob of the matching paint in metal parts allow to cure the go wild with compound on buffer around it and surrounding areas

So i used the pens so far, it looks okay, though the paints a bit blobby, just hoping it'll t-cut/ paint renovator smooth! Its a good paint match though!

If its a good match and you know someone who actually knows how to machine polish, get them to rub the touched up part and surrounding area back with wet & dry and buff the area back up. Again it wont be perfect but it'll take a mega bit of the worst off :)

Not meaning to sound like a scavenger, but what do yuo plan to do with your rub strips if they are in decent nick. Or did you wreck them too lol?

Edited by DaddyC

they're decent, just bent like banana's! if you used a heat gun im sure you could bend them back but i may put them back on if this doesnt go too well, sorry!

would using the touch up pen, and then t cutting it work or would that just take off all the paint i put on yesterday?

So i used the pens so far, it looks okay, though the paints a bit blobby, just hoping it'll t-cut/ paint renovator smooth! Its a good paint match though!