Noisy front suspension wishbones

I've started getting a lot of loud creaky knocky noises from the front suspension (loud enough to hear when I'm inside the car driving), even on only slightly undulating roads which is basically my entire drive to work. :censored: My Lupo is on standard high suspension by the way. I've checked and it's not the springs or shocks, which was my first thought.

When I put my hand on each wishbone while the car is being bounced up and down I can feel that's exactly where the creaky knock noise is coming from on BOTH wishbones. What is it most likely to be, the balljoints or what? Anyone else had (and solved) this problem? Thanks for any info.

Ta for the reply. I don't have a photo. But the noise is basically coming through each of these wishbones : wishbones.jpg

I think all the balljoints, wishbones themselves and bushes are the originals (they look old) and that's why they all happen to have worn at the same rate and now both sides are complaining at the same time,

I might as well get new wishbones already fitted with new bushes and balljoints for £46 (like in the photo). What d'ya reckon? Will be easier to replace that way and then I know it's all new. I'll check with garage first that it will cure my problem.

Cheers

it makes sense to me that thats where it would be coming from unless things like your top monts are worn? But i guess that would be more of a clunk than a creak.

if i rember correct they sell the Ball joints and Bushes on ebay and its probably around half of the price, and although the ball joints are just bolt on the bushes would be an issue.

Depends really, if moneys not too much of an issue the go for it :) other wise take the wishbones to a garage and get the Bushings replaced.

as i belive they need to be pressed out

Sounds like a perfect excuse for polybushes tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

An update for post searchers with a similar problem...mine turned out to be worn bushes on the front anti-roll bar. Renewing those cured the annoying noise. Sooooooo much nicer driving now! It wasn't the wishbone bushes or ball joints like I suspected, although those bushes are getting worn out so are next on the list.