Windows

katiepollard

As Iv been searching for a lupo throughout various sites Iv noticed that in a lot of the adds that the passenger side window doesn't work anymore, is this common on lupos? Or just coincidence I saw those few adds with the same problem lol :)

Presumably, mine doesn't work either :lol: Try the switch, if you can hear the click from the relay the motor will need replacing - about £60 for new non-genuine off the bay or around £30 second hand & I was quoted £30 by the local garage to do the work - if not the switch will be buggered.

I'm scared of removing the motor tbh, I found a guide that said there was drilling involved :unsure:

Koop - The guide I had was a text one which I followed, I was going ot take pictures as I went by to help people but I completly forgot doh!

The guide I followed (found on here) mentioned about drilling out the speakers, so I didn't need to. when I removed the bottom door card the speaker was there and it had the speaker cable in front so I just disconnected that.

Behind the speaker is the power connectors to the motor, which I pulled out, and was able to connect (tiny bit fiddley but I do have neanderthal fingers)

There are some push in connectors near the loom for the motor which I pushed out, which gave me an extra 3-4cm I'd say.

Once the motor came out with the regulator, I undone 4 torx screws for the motor casing, and behind is like a magnet thing, which I turned by hand and felt it was all seized, so I kept turning both ways and it then started to move smoothly again.

After that I removed a case where the window regulator wires go, it feels like a pandoras box inside and it's all the cables wound up. We noticed that a few of the cables wernt on a circular guide inside, so we put it back in all ligned up correctly.

Connected back to the power and it worked!

Girlfreidn was chuffed, and me too as I've been chaffing in the heat haha.

BTW - We did this in about 2 hours, and not really had experience doing this before

BTW - When the weather picks up again we'll be doing the drivers side as that usually goes up half way then goes down again, plus lifting it up feels really slughish.

I will then take pictures as I go along, but ot sure when we'll do this, as I not long ago put nice foam inside, which i'll have to rip out.

But if someone wants to take a picture of their door cards off, I'll try to make a guide the best I can with the picture, if it helps

Koop - The guide I had was a text one which I followed, I was going ot take pictures as I went by to help people but I completly forgot doh!

The guide I followed (found on here) mentioned about drilling out the speakers, so I didn't need to. when I removed the bottom door card the speaker was there and it had the speaker cable in front so I just disconnected that.

Behind the speaker is the power connectors to the motor, which I pulled out, and was able to connect (tiny bit fiddley but I do have neanderthal fingers)

There are some push in connectors near the loom for the motor which I pushed out, which gave me an extra 3-4cm I'd say.

Once the motor came out with the regulator, I undone 4 torx screws for the motor casing, and behind is like a magnet thing, which I turned by hand and felt it was all seized, so I kept turning both ways and it then started to move smoothly again.

After that I removed a case where the window regulator wires go, it feels like a pandoras box inside and it's all the cables wound up. We noticed that a few of the cables wernt on a circular guide inside, so we put it back in all ligned up correctly.

Connected back to the power and it worked!

Girlfreidn was chuffed, and me too as I've been chaffing in the heat haha.

BTW - We did this in about 2 hours, and not really had experience doing this before

Cheers for that might have a go this weekend then!