exhaust and lowering springs ?

WightmanMk2

alright guys , ive seen a lupo on the net not far from where i live for £300 . The timing belt has shredded and bent the valves but its not for driving purposes ! it has a scorpion exhaust and 40mm lowering springs .

I was wondering if it was worth buying for the parts ( i get £200 for ANY scrap car so if i scrap it its like paying £100 for the exhaust and springs ) , also the check strap is away on my arosa passenger door so i will be changing that aswell ! i was just wondering if its all worth the bother ? id like a new exhaust and a little lower as most of the changes to my car are cosmetic (spoiler , wind deflectors , alloys , debadging and painting etc) , fitting will be lower than £100 as i have a few people who i can turn to . I know its not a hard question to answer , i just need to be swayed in the right direction .

Big plus here , do scorpion make exhausts for any lupo/arosa other than the sport and the gti ( centre exhaust ) ... as far as im concerned they dont . thanks

yeah true , but id rather have the £200 pocketed again than wait around for someone to buy parts. not many people have arosas or lupos around my area and im not the kind to post package around the country. The exhaust without cat back is £200 , so i have to find out the exhaust type off the guy and even if its not cb im saving £100 ... plus its a wee bit of fun that im not used to (im only 19 , new to the whole taking parts from cars and using them) cheers for the idea though

Buy it if you can...make yourself into a person who packages things around the country, it makes you money.

I'd jump at the chance if it's half decent, you just need a place to put the car, a thread in the breakers section and simple tools to break it down, when someone is willing to pay for a part, you remove it, careful not to damage it, package it up and sell it.

You may even manage to sell the shell rather than scrap it when it comes to it.

Edited by Adam R4

probably would be a better idea , cause when i take the exhaust off ill have to re-attach my old one , along with the suspension ! ill have to see what the old father says as if im keeping another car at HIS house 'hes the boss and what he says goes' , usual patter ! but then again i have a few mechanics who could let me use there yard , ill have to look into this further !

since im at it heres a question for you adam , see the lower bumper on your arosa ( black plastic with fog lights ) ... you can paint that cant you ? im going to get the front and rear done red (if possible) , just so it kinda gives it that bodykitish look , probably slam some sideskirts on aswell ! im convinced you can but im a funny bugger