1.7 sdi air problems

hello, has anyone had an issue with air bubbles in the clear injection pump line.

its clear for the reason to see air , but whats the problem/ cure?

ive just done a full service, all filters etc and it hasnt removed the air.

yes, ive checked everything is nice and tight.

ive got all the vag manuals but i cant find anything.

anyone had experience of thls? any advice?

thank you o clever ones!

sophie d

By the injection pump line, do you mean the fuel line running from the fuel filter to the engine? Also, did you top the fuel filter up with Diesel before you put it back in?

you don't need to, Give the car a good thrashing and they go naturally.

i just cranked mine with a dry filter to fill it up. But im a crazy Mofo

(and i have an Awesome battery)

but yeah, when you put your foot down and the car doesn't got any faster but you pedals going down more you push more diesel into the engine that it doesn't really need. No harm done but it gets rid of the bubbles :)

My car ran fine with a little bubble, i thought it looked cool.

I've always filled (and been told to do that from a young age) the filter will fuel before replacing, just makes life easier for turning the engine over once you've changed it (you can flatten a battery that way if it won't turn over), that and I'd rather not have a load of air in the fuel line which can lead to under-fueling and cutting out when idling.

But a few bubbles aren't anything to worry about, just if it's more air than fuel.

cheers peeps, i didnt really think there was too much to worry about. yes i mean the clear line from filter to engine, and i also always fill diesel filters before firing,(i have magic tools like vacuum pumps n stuff like that)

the engine seems to be running ok if anything its a bit quieter. ive spoken to some local experts (who work mainly on fords , but never mind!!) they seem to think that its ok - so panic over-

by the way i must come clean about this - sophied is sometimes her dad - especially when talking about tech stuff.... sorry.

by the way i must come clean about this - sophied is sometimes her dad - especially when talking about tech stuff.... sorry.

Its to be Expected, Atleast its all done by someone who knows what there doing