First time vw owner!

seanyd

Hey guys this is my very first post! Im am now the proud owner of a vw lupo :D i got it the other day and its not in the best condition but i know potential when i see it! Has afew things wrong with it and would appriciate if anyone can assist me with afew things. Firstly the yob who owned the car previously has taken the speakers out, i notice on the passanger side they where rivited on and on the driver side screwed on..but the wiring is different on either side..the driver side has a standard speaker clip but the passanger side has some kind if male and female connecters.

Number two, passanger side window will not go down, its electric, when i press down i hear a click asif it is trying to work but no movement what so ever, this aslo applies with the control from the drivers side? Any ideas would be a great help!

Thanks guys!

Welcome :D

I have exactly the same issue with my passenger window, there's a guide on here somewhere that someone posted last week for a way to get window motors working again but it looks like a bit of a faff so I think I'll just replace the motor.

Soonish (you'll probably have it fixed by then) I'll be following a guide and taking pictures along the way of getting the window regulators out on the car.

you say it's easier to just replace the motor, but you still need the regulator out and follow the same process, part of the process is to just open the motor and give it a spray so not much extra work tbh (from what I gather) it's the method to follow before splashing out on another motor.

I'm gonna post the guide on here when I'm done either way