rag top/open air roof

ElZ 16v

iv seen a mk1 golf on a site that had a ragtop/open air roof fitted, as in it originally had a normal solid roof then that was cut away and ragtop installed just wondering how costly it would be and if anyone knows of anywhere that does it?

Edited by ElZ 16v

VWG100-XL-1.JPG

As in this? They were a special edition made during the mid-90's, can't remember who by off the top of my head, i think it may have been karmann or someone similar. They weren't made by VW from the factory though

Edited by Curtis

You could get a webasto roof retrofitted, same thing as the open air one.

It could probably be done with the original open air stuff if you can get hold of it all, i wouldn't have thought it'd be that complicated for a bodyshop to fit.

so buy all the genuine parts from a polo/lupo/arosa openair car an a body shop should cut an fit it?

il have to investigate an see if theres any openairs in scrappies locally aha

haha i already own a mk1 arosa and saw an open air one at motogp in frnace last year an wanted one ever since and now seen it done at a body shop but yea the cost is the issue oh and englands 4 days of sun and now its all gone dull again aha