what engine ???

so i had a compression test on my sport and its came up that cylinder three is at 6 bar, so in the near future it looks like a new engine is gona need to be sourced, now being a sport what are my options in a replacement ?

1. can i use existing parts from mine and use a 1.4s engine ?

2. does the above apply to other models, golf, polo, ibiza, fabia ?

3. can i fit a gti engine with relative ease ?

muchos love for any help

I've got an afk in mine and probably will be takingn it out in the next 6 months for a conversion. Mine also has black spot on the back. Mine still pulls like a train though and this has never been a problem so I wouldn't worry about it. Valve stem seals go frequently and I bet that's what's letting the compression go. It could be a head gasket but I thought mine had gone when I bought that car only for a vw to say they had never heard of one go.

Stem seals, diy to take it apart and send the head off to be rebuilt. My friend had his starlet done recently and that only set him back about £100.

Skids fabia uses afk from what I've read.

Personally id live with it until it breaks, much like my gearbox. It was all fine in the end!!