Pulling to one side

cdady

Our Lupo pulls to the left - it has had the tracking adjusted many many times, had the front end checked over including the top mounts, had new tyres, shocks feel OK, has a straight floorpan - never in an accident, not lowered & on standard wheels, brakes are not binding - I am running out of things to check!

The tracking does keep going out very slightly, but everything feels tight, and it pulls even after tracking setting albeit a bit less!

Any suggestions please? Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

It is a 1999 1 litre basic model with 50k on the clock.

Acceleration or braking does not make it worse, although particularly braking accentuates the problem. The car is sensitive to camber, in that the pull is stronger, but it still pulls when you drive over a flat area.

I have had the local garage have a look too, but they are as mystified as I am!

My wife is the cars main driver, and she has got very used to it now - but every time I drive it I then spend time puzzling about what it can be, and the trying to fix it!

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

I had already replaced the outer bushes in the arms, but there are two sets in each arm and I do not think the inners are replaceable, so as recommended I have now replaced both arms, and have a 100% improvement - so, many thanks again!

Chris