Which engine cleaner is the best ?

yell0warosa

Hi,

Allright I was condisered what kind of engine cleaner will be the best ?

So I went to halfords and only seen two decent types apart of halfords own make, I have seen:

Gunk enigne cleaner 2,5 l - £10,99

Autoglym engine cleaner 1l- £8,99

which is gonna be better , I havent cleaned engine since I bought the car,

also metal polish for it willl be good which is best ?

I've just the Gunk stuff on mine, they are al degreaers at the end of the day so just paying for the name really. Metal polishes, depending on the grade of polosh you could start with Autosol and work up to Megs NTX again used both and had good results. NTX is a finer grader so gives a better finish, on rougher items start with the Autosol first as its a rougher grade.

Alex

I've just the Gunk stuff on mine, they are al degreaers at the end of the day so just paying for the name really. Metal polishes, depending on the grade of polosh you could start with Autosol and work up to Megs NTX again used both and had good results. NTX is a finer grader so gives a better finish, on rougher items start with the Autosol first as its a rougher grade.

Alex

thanks Alex, yeah I have seend both products I will listen to your advice, and also whats the best type of cloth to use microfibre or a different type ?

Gunk seems better value . :)

Easiest and most effective way to clean the bay is to use a detailing brush you can work the degreaser into all the nook ands crannies, rub it in, let is work for about 10 minutes then wash off. Once the area is clean you can detail it with a quicker detailer spray and a microfibre clothe :)

I want to polish the manifold shield properly, which means I have to take it off. How do I do that ?

two screws at the top one at the bottom.

unless its in good condition polising it will not be fun. I sprayed my with black BBQ paint, looked very OEM

two screws at the top one at the bottom.

unless its in good condition polising it will not be fun. I sprayed my with black BBQ paint, looked very OEM

I can't get the bottom one off, we will se how it goes hopefully when I finally get it off it will be easier... :)

the bottom bolt is rusted on, pain in a back side.