Advice on Spraying Bumper

I've just bought a new front bumper and I was wondering if it was best to have the bumper sprayed on, or off the car? I suppose if the bumper was on the car then they can blend the paint in so it would be harder to tell that it's actually been sprayed.

I've not had any spray work done before, so is blending the paint in something you'd have to ask the body shop to do, or is is something that is done anyway?

Thanks

Nic

1. No blending, it would mean ALOT more work, you would have to relacquer the bonnet and wings.

2. Any bodyshop would mask the car up, so no overspray anyway.

3. VW's are not known for a variation in paint shade, but silver is the worst colour to paint in general.

4. If you have it done on the car, the edges don't get painted, the job will never be as good because of the angles. The GTI bumper is in two parts, they need painting separately then clipping together and bolting on the car. It will be cheaper getting it done off the car too.

5. Get new tow eye covers and washer jet covers, or get yours redone if they are good.

1. No blending, it would mean ALOT more work, you would have to relacquer the bonnet and wings.

2. Any bodyshop would mask the car up, so no overspray anyway.

3. VW's are not known for a variation in paint shade, but silver is the worst colour to paint in general.

4. If you have it done on the car, the edges don't get painted, the job will never be as good because of the angles. The GTI bumper is in two parts, they need painting separately then clipping together and bolting on the car. It will be cheaper getting it done off the car too.

5. Get new tow eye covers and washer jet covers, or get yours redone if they are good.

Thanks for the advice mate, really appreciate it!

I'm just waiting for VW to ring me when they get the second part of the bumper in, then I can finally get it sprayed :)