DTM Mirrors for GTi

truCido

After trying to fit my Lupo Sport mirrors to Lupo GTi doors and finding they won't fit I decided to just buy some DTM mirrors with Lupo base plates instead of buying GTi mirrors....they don't fit either.

Has anyone fitted DTM / M3 mirrors (or anything aftermarket) to Lupo GTi doors? If so where did you get the baseplates or how did you fit them?

They bolt on though don't they?

I fitted a non GTI stubby to mine, bolted on but fit was miles out, lots of bending the plastic with a hot air gun and filing down the metal on the mounting face.

I would just make the DTM ones fit. The phrase "It's only a race car" gets used ALOT where I work!! lol

Yeah it bolts on...but it really doesn't sit on the car properly lol. Sort of a 1/2cm gap between the bottom of the baseplate and the door because of the different design of seals etc on the GTi door. Even the bit of plastic on the inside is different, no wonder the GTi cost so much!! So many bespoke parts.

As you say I'm tempted to just file it down but I'd rather it fitted properly :P

• 2 weeks later...