Changing bulbs (IVE already looked in the ''How to'' Forum..

MoloneyGti

Just undo the screws and the clear part will pop off :)

Thanks dude, I know it was a retarded question but knowing me i would end up taking the whole rear bumper off or something lol!

How to i get to the screws? Under the the bumper or do i have to go through the boot? At this point i should be looking but just needs a heads up or a warning! cheers..

Thanks dude, I know it was a retarded question but knowing me i would end up taking the whole rear bumper off or something lol!

How to i get to the screws? Under the the bumper or do i have to go through the boot? At this point i should be looking but just needs a heads up or a warning! cheers..

SCRATCH THAT!!! JUST HAD A LOOK!!! SCREWS RIGHT OFF... WOW STUPID QUESTION AHAHA! thankyou anyway!

Haha, you'll need a phillips head and you get to them from the outside :) Have you bought LEDs?

ERRRRRR... wait a minute lol... How do i get the black bit out? Ive bought LEDS.... not just the bulb?... So i need to unclip the whole cover from the inside but its in pretty tight? How does that work???

ah i see, not sure on that one tbh, they're not the bulbs as said in the OP thats a whole unit :)

Yeah, I wonder how the housing comes out.. As i cant see any clear indication of whats keeping them held in?

These looks so bright.... Just want them in, Dont fancy snapping the housing uo or something stupid... Hmmm

if you remove grey hardboard panel on the inside bottom half of your rear door you will see on the back of the grab handle 3/4 small black nuts that need removing, the grab hadle (number plate light housing) will then pull straight off

I think this is it....

Does anyone know how to take that black cover off in the boot? The one with two big black shallow screws? I can take off the two screws but it doesn't pop off? Anyone know what is holding it in place with the screws off? VW's are so complicated..

Return them and get festoons ;) mine cost me 6 quid for the pair, they are bright as hell (light up the road), do not flicker and if i ever needed to remove them could do so in 5 mins :)

Return them and get festoons ;) mine cost me 6 quid for the pair, they are bright as hell (light up the road), do not flicker and if i ever needed to remove them could do so in 5 mins :)

Yeah mate, I am tempted tbh........ Just less hassle, Just aslong as they are bright as you say they are then thats great! :) You gota link from where you got yours from??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320651095658&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

BTW don't be fooled by thinking more SMDs mean a brighter bulb, these only have 3 SMDs peer bulb but these are very bright. I made that mistake with my interior bulb, it had 18 diodes but was crap, my current one has 5 and is very bright :)

That seller sells nothing but top quality bulbs, make sure you buy the can bus ones though, as even though the lupo doesn't have a full canbus system, canbus LEDs have built in resistors and don't flicker :)