Bass Blockers

As some of you might know, I have the standard Gamma system in my Lupo and have added (or am adding) a Sony active 8" sub. But, as Tigz said in previous posts, the signal is amplified within the head unit so I cant cut the bass from the component speakers and have the sub doing all the low stuff.

However, I've heard of Bass Blockers which are apparently (from some brief googling) passive components which you implement into the +ive line of the speakers you wish to cut the bass from. They block (or reduce) bass in the signal from differing frequencies downwards.

This sounds like a good idea if I could find any of these 'bass blockers' which could block out any of the 200Hz (or below) as my sub could handle that (its frequency response is `50-200Hz`).

I've seen ones which can block 250Hz and below but then I'd be missing the `200-250Hz` range wouldn't I?

If anybody's got any info on these or any suggestions on how I could use them I'd be grateful.... smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Cheers!

right i have my system running bass blockers and a ten inch sub , what happends is that they are fitted is that they are put on the speaker wire ( mines are attached to the VW loom behind the headunit rather than cutting the headunit wires ( easier as well that way so theres less crap behind there , its a tight fit to get all the wires stuffed in ) then what they do is block any sounds below 150KHz . benifits being that my standard door speakers kept on trying to kick out alot of bass at high volumes and they kept on distorting . so by fitting them it stops the disortion .

they are just a passive component mate

however i have a minor problem that there is a slight gap in the sound as in certain songs that go down in frequency there is a period that the sound dips ( where the doors reach there lowest frequency ) and where the sub hits its highest frequency . just a minor problem but it is a bit anoying as it ruins that song ( its ment to be one long bass beat and it sounds like 2 beats with a short gap between them )

minor detail , but i am mostly into hard rock ( pantera /slayer etc ) so it dont really bother me that much and even when i do listen to most dance like stuff its fine , its just really that one song

they were from halfrauds and they were made by audioleads i am sure and came with the bullet connectors and cost about £15/16 but u could probably get them cheaper else where