BMC Breather Pipe Mod

Tigz™

Yeah I quite like it, my BMC has been on a year and been using a filter - no complaints from me. Still havent found out anyone to arrest me for having an 'illegal' breather pipe though. Still have no idea which law it contravines. any ideas?

That's what I was getting at....as long as you've got a filter on the end of it, it's legal. It's only when you leave it open it becomes illegal.

As to which law an open breather pipe contravines, I'm not sure that it does, except that it's an MOT failure.

Ah, ok. I was told it was a failure, but he's obviously got his wires crossed slightly as to whereabouts it because a `no-go` area.

im not convinced the breather pipe is such a good thing anyway. it carries this ****ty condensated oil willed with bits straight back into the engine, completely `by-passing` any filtration. Id sooner just run a long hose with a '`mini-filter`' somewhere under the engine (to try take the smell further away).