nbox + hard drive + MFD?

puggled

Right, I won an MFD on the bay. Whilst I'm waiting for it to come I've dreamed up this system.

I fancy the nbox player which I'll connect to a 500gb USB powered portable hard drive I already have.

A Sega Megadrive lead as I read on another forum the Sega cables just plug straight into the DIN AUX plug nae bother.

The only thing I think I'd need to work out (apart from where to hide it all) is power. My idea was to hardwire the innards from this into lighter socket (with its own fuse) since the nbox runs on 5v.

That'll give me a remote control media solution via the MFD screen. I'll pretty much just be using it for music. Total overkill?

Just buy the Sega lead and plug my ancient 3rd gen ipod in?

Sounds like damned fine plan to me :)

I've been looking at doing something similar, although i'm using a connects2 box with 3.5mm input as i still have the gamma fitted just now.

If you are just using the innards of that power adapter, you could probably take a 12v line from your wiring harness, rather than running it from your ciggy lighter, then it's all hidden behind the dash.

Slowly accumulating the bits.

I never realised cup holder/coin trays sold for so much? They are like £20-40 on ebay. I wanted to buy a spare to mod for mounting my gear.

The actual cup holder is useless anyway, I always dunt my knee off it :angry2:

The actual cup holder is useless anyway, I always dunt my knee off it :angry2:

Yeah, me too, i keep meaning to swap it over with the stash tray, but i've never got around to it.

I've got the MFD in. It was a tight squeeze. The last few mm til it clicked in were a nightmare. Took me about 45 mins of faffin!

Unfortunately it came without a proper cd and the "back up" copy isn't recognised by the drive. I can't get it into English without the cd so can't do much bar listen to the radio just now. Seems decent sound quality. On an American forum they were talking about changing the settings via vag-com so you could choose size of car, 2 speaker out or 4 speaker out etc. Anyone any experience of this?

Once I get the CD situation sorted I'll get on with squeezing the rest of my bits in.

If you want to meet up at some point, you could try my disc, i need to make sure it's ok, as I think my mfd got damaged in transit, so want to claim off royal fail for it if it is.

Aye, fairly close. Just gimme a pm when you want to meet. I work in clacks anyway, so not like i have a huge commute or anything :)