Lupo 1.9 TDI 200bhp

Bikerz

1999 Lupo 1.9 TDI

172k on the clock (hardly any original parts on the car though).

This started life as a 1.7 SDI. Was converted by a member on here (with the help of C2 Motorsport) with a 130 1.9 TDI lump (Best TDI lump to have). Engine came with 64k on the clock and has travelled 10k since conversion. In that time the car has had a brand new Garret PD150 turbo (along with gaskets etc..). The car has EGR blanked off (good idea). Car has then had a remap and I guess they make about 200bhp with these mods and enough torque to kill the front tyres!

I have only had the car a short time, however Charlie and I have split and I brought the car for her and need to sell now. I have had a fair few lupo’s so know enough about them.

It may be hard to believe, but car has averaged 87mpg in my ownership! I have done about 500 miles in her and brimmed tank and done the calcs on a spread sheet, I can show you! Its due to the fact you only have to tickle throttle everywhere I guess.

Its just had a oil service with filter and oil.

PD 130 1.9TDI engine

C2 FMIC and custom Pipework

2.5” Exhaust all the way through

6 Speed box

LSD ( EXPENSIVE)

FK Coilovers (new top mounts)

Whitline front ARB

Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 15” wheels with good tyres - Brand new center caps (never been on car and not shown in pics)

280mm front brake conversion (New disks and Pads)

Lupo GTI 23mm Master cylinder

Heated Leather Black (Audi TT mk1) - Including expensive wiring loom

CD Player

Induction Cone Filter

The points to mention:

The TT leather, the front passenger seat all welded in and good, drivers needs to be (the plate all been cut ready just needs welding (ran out of time). I have the switches and a brand new loom for the wiring.

Body work isn’t perfect, but pretty goof for an 11 year old car.

GTI master cylinder isn’t fitted (Included)

Interior is out of car ready for welding (car is driveable as both front seats are in)

Feel free to call me and I will be as honest as I can, I need a quick sale and car will need a couple of hours spannering on hence £2,900. If you saw the car advertised when I brought it you will know I paid more than this for it and I have add expensive bits already (TT leather seats etc..). I wont drop on price and if doesn’t sell quick I will cage it and strip for a scatter (rally car).

Sheldon

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

Edited by Bikerz

Sorry to hear it Bickerz, absolutely epic car just wished I was in the right position to make owning this a reality. Tbh though, can't imagine this will be too hard to shift as I for one, wouldn't have worries buying a car from you due to the fact you seem to know what you're talking about and drive a 500bhp TT :D.

Thanks. Im making a loss on it, but dont care as just want money to focus on the TT now, Get that on the road for a bit of possing around it! Had a few calls about it and I think it could be gone by the end of the week for the asking price!

Edited by Bikerz

Gloucestershire. GL53. Car can be driven fine

To be perfect, it needs other seat welding in (all fabrication done and included) wiring the seats up and puting trim back in. Or cage it or whatever. Its not really a project. I drove it for a while, then got my GTI so starting puting seats in it for Charlie and got half way and now we have split. Think of it as a car that needs a quick welding and a couple of hours tarting around inside.

Edited by Bikerz

I will have another one! My dream daily has always been my Lupo GTI with a mpg happy engine. Im half way there! I will wait for my GTI to go bang and then drop a Dirty D in her of some sort. Maybe only a 1.6TDI or a new 1.2 TDI as I dont need power. Just want looks and the feel of my Lupo GTI, Xenons, heated leather etc..... and decent fuel.

I cant see what they put mate as I guess admin removed.

Im not a bhp man, I just use that as we all know headline bhp grabs attension, I imagine it is about that. Its a TDI tho, its all about the torque! Its a animal and bhp peak doesnt tell you anything about this car. Saying all that, I imagine 200bhp is about right though!