gti remote locking prob

trudubrstu

Afternoon all,

got a prob with my remote locking on the gti today - unlocks both doors with one plip of remote key (usually this just opens the drivers side) but when u go to lock car with remote, it just shows a quick flash of red light on fob and dosn't lock car - i manually have to lock both sides of car :( ...also, the immobiliser/alarm light dosn't flash now on the drivers door pin...any ideas? done a search here and in google and can find a bunch of vw central locking probs, but not this particular one..also the interior light goes on when unlocking, but not off when locking (i have also changed keyfob remote battery, but it isn't this it seems)

help!!

thanks all

Stu

Mines not a gti (unfortunately) but has the same alarm and remote central locking, and recently it has been opening both doors with one click and then when locking it doesn't lock the passenger door. Slightly different problem to yours but very similar. If I open the passenger door and fiddle with the locking pin and interior handle that normally fixes it for a while, haven't got round to taking the door card and stuff off yet. :)

All seems to be ok today - gonna pop the door card off anyway just to see all is o.k.

Rich - there is only one cr2032 battery in each of my remotes...first thing i did was change that..fingers crossed it was just a random incident!