hi

scally

hey, im a newbie . havent bought my lupo yet but am looking at couple just now. a blue 1.4e and a black 1.0e . dunno which one ill go for yet. probaly should get my licence first but kinda dont want to lose out on the cars!

theres an idea!! dont think the parents would be too happy with me if i did that though!! was thinking the black one cause i saw twistys lights and kinda like them!!! plus have kinda always wanted a black car, just the fact that the other one has the bigger engine!

Name, age, location?

Get your licence first mate.. how are the lessons going? I'm a great believer in fate, if the Lupo's meant to be then it'll happen wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

the diff in insurance is only £100, but the car is £300 more both at 2000 . the 1.4 is £3988 and the 1.0 is £3688. so not much diff really. guess i could just wait, its not like im in a rush anyway test aint till april 1st anyway!

i am online, why arent you on msn craig??? the lessons are going good will sit my test for the 2nd time soon!!! (april 1st to be precise, although think i have already said that) i hate driving examiners btw!!!

I'd definately get the 1.4 if it's in as good a condition as the 1.0.

I drove a 1.4 16v standard before buying the 1.4 16v sport and while not exceptionally fast it's got enough "go" to be fun to drive.

The 1.0 in comparison wouldn't be as much fun and you'd end up wanting to change it fairly soon.

With just £100 difference between the two, no contest. Next year the difference in price would prob be even smaller.

yea,when i went to the vw garage to look at the cars there was a sport sitting there with a v reg plate and i was like HOW MUCH IS THAT?!?! and the guy said oh thats not for sale its an 05 with a private plate. i was very sad!!

My V plate sport will be for sale very soon (as soon as I can find a GTI worth buying). Would only be about £3500 as well but I live in Lincoln so a fair way from you.

The difference between a standard 1.4 and a 1.4 16v sport is large. Very happy I got the sport not the 1.4 standard (time for a 1.6 GTI now though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> )

The 1.4 sport has double the power of the 1.0 though (100bhp, 1.0 is 50bhp and 1.4 is 75bhp), so insurance for a new driver might be a little OTT

I'd already been driving for 1 year by the time I bought it (as a named driver) and I'm now 24 (couldn't be bothered to do test when I was younger).

However I got the sport for £710 from norwich union, you may want to give them a call, they were nearly £300 cheaper than the other companies (AA etc). In fact the AA were second best price wise and quoted me £712 for the standard 1.4!