Newbie help:

LupoGirlRacer

hiya

Handling is excellent smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Should be better than ur saxo but maybe im being biased cus ive got a lupo,but still should be better though.

Hope u get ur insurance sorted,give Adrian Flux a call.

T

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

well, ma pal has got a saxo vtr and he likes it.. his is tuned up, bout 130bhp... driven it, its pretty fast but it doesnt beat a lupo gti... it handles like a go kart da lupo does.. it'll be a good choice to trade in ya saxo for a loop gti

A standard VTR handles better than a standard Lupo if you ask me.

The Lupo rolls around more than anything ive driven, it under steers like crap. Although drop it slightly and its transformed.

I dont know about a GTi but I cant see it being much diffrent to a non GTi.

I fitted GTi susspenion before coilovers and there was no diffrence in the shocks.

Didnt fit the springs so I cant say, but a 15mm drop over a non GTi isnt gonna make a huge diffrence.

Maybe the anti roll bar changes everything but Id doubt it.

The gti doesnt handle bad for a standard motor but its not brilliant. I must admit i do love the challenge though, and is great fun once youve mastered it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> As standard cars i would have to say the paxo would be marginly better, but stick some coillies on and its a different matter smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> You wont be disapointed with the upgrade (****roen to VW)

the chassis on a saxo is made of the lightest grade steel you can use. The panels are made of the lightest grade steel you can use. this means no matter what suspension you have the body flexs. the lupo esp. the gti has a strong chassis plus an anti roll bar, plus a wheel at each corner. it is used in the VW Cup (or was) as it doesnt bend and buckle at high speed. . . . . .

The lupo has weird handling. I used to slate it, but then I realised its a bit unrefined and not very nice on the limit, now I put that down to my driving. With standard suspension it rolls a bit, does have some understeer but if you brake and accelerate and ease off at the right times it sticks to the road.....

never driven a saxo but i dont think it would handle better than a gti.

sorry guys, a standard vts/vtr handles better than all the standard lupos, even if it's just down to the better rubber that is fitted as standard. Better traction, built in rear stearing which tucks the front in a lot more and eliminates understeer much better, would waste a lupo on track. Gti is slightly quicker than a VTS in a straight line, two car lengths up to about 80mph so not by much and is a much nicer car to live with, better build, features, reliability, comfort, quality etc.

Argh...

Reckon the Citroen wins this. GTI handling is okay, but the tyres are muck, and it is a bit spongey on bends.

TDW hit it right on the head with the chassis strength point, and with his driving points too.

I found that in summer, on dry twisty roads, that my Lupo GTI was great - really held the road, and when you drive it properly, its very rewarding. But on those 360 other days of the year, better tyres than the Dunlops, and tigher suspension would make the Lupo a much better car.