3F (Polo GT) Engine conversion, anyone done it ?

jr

Just looking at allturnatives to the AFH option, as it in theory involves less wiring, and no immob issues etc too

i know people have done AFH into a mk2/3 polo, but what about the other way round ?

Jr

Edited by jr

It'd be a daft thing to do in all fairness.

It's a massive backwards step in technology, offering less power than an AVY, worse fuel economy, less reliability etc.

What you wanna look into is dropping a C20LET into your corsa, or if thats too expensive, then a C20XE with an SBD manifold and some cheap reground cams!

75hp from a GT engine. So a good 25hp up on a 1 litre. Easy to wire and easy to upgrade. 1.4 Bottom end, schrick cam, chip and a four branch should see 90hp. Plus loads cheaper than a 16v. Will fit on 1.4 mounts as well.

Personally I'm feeling the 1.6 8v AEE engine for my Arosa. Cheap to get a whole donor, Torquey and tuning bits available from Germany, plus different to the Norm.

It'd be a daft thing to do in all fairness.

It's a massive backwards step in technology, offering less power than an AVY, worse fuel economy, less reliability etc.

What you wanna look into is dropping a C20LET into your corsa, or if thats too expensive, then a C20XE with an SBD manifold and some cheap reground cams!

Had a C20XE in it, and a 136BHP SBD 1.4 16v to, and 2 1.6 16vs, but this isnt about that car :)

75hp from a GT engine. So a good 25hp up on a 1 litre. Easy to wire and easy to upgrade. 1.4 Bottom end, schrick cam, chip and a four branch should see 90hp. Plus loads cheaper than a 16v. Will fit on 1.4 mounts as well.

Personally I'm feeling the 1.6 8v AEE engine for my Arosa. Cheap to get a whole donor, Torquey and tuning bits available from Germany, plus different to the Norm.

its the mounts that are concerning me, the rest as you have described was exactley my thinking too