15" BBS Wheels

Guest A20NWK

Guest A20NWK

As advertised on Pistonheads

I've recently purchased a set of BBS wheels off eBay and put them on my Lupo GTI. I have two problems with them - 1) they do not fit properly to my setup (i.e. they scrub) and 2) I've decided I don't like the whole silver-on-silver thing. I still have my old TSW alloys which I may refurb if these sell.

Now, I paid just under £300 for the wheels which came with four decent Goodyear tyres and plenty of tread. The only problem with the tyres was they were 20 years old - I was told the shelf life of most tyres is six years maximum. Therefore I have gone out and bought a brand new set of Uniroyal Rainsport 2s. These are cracking tyres as I have had them before on previous cars, which consequently stuck to the road like glue. I bought these tyres on 16/07/11, so they've currently only done around 100 miles.

In terms of the wheels, they're honestly mint, very near perfect condition with no obvious signs of anything, even up close. They were refurbed just over 500 miles ago. They also have carbon-look BBS center caps which look cool.

All rims are in the same condition as the one shown below.

img0506wz.jpg

Collection only, £475.

Wheel Spec

Manufacturer: BBS

Diameter: 15

Width: 6.5J

Offset: 33

Number of studs: 4

Stud diameter: 100

Tyre Spec

Brand: Uniroyal Rainsport 2

Width: 195

Aspect ratio: 50

Edited by A20NWK

Definately, the tyres on the pics look like balloons! 195/45's will sort the rubbing out, 45's did on mine and that's a non gti so you've got a lot more arch to play with