2003 arosa idle problem please help..

Hi all im new to the arosa scene im a wizzard with mk1/2 golf and sciroccos lol but this has me stumped, just bought a 2003 arosa 1.0s and all was fine until i got it home[typical lol] it has an intermittent idle fault, when its ticking over it sometimes not all the time sounds like theres a missfire but if you rev it or drive it its fine no missing etc but on idle its revs around 550 rmp quite a lot of the time and sounds like its gonna stall, sometimes if you give it a 5000+ rev it site and idles at 900 rpm which is fine, ive plugged it in and 16684 random missfire was detected and 16891 idle control over rev came up which is opposite to what its doing, i have done the following...

Plugs, leads , coil, coolant temp sensor, air filters took throttle body off and gave it a mega clean as it was gunked up to ****, give the egr vavle a clean and the pipe that comes off the egr vave was virtually blocked up at the inlet manifold end so that was removed and cleaned too, im struggling on what to do next as we really like the car its mint and i would just like it to run right lol any ideas much apprehciated cheers simon

DSC02454-1.jpg

Temperature sensor

HT leads

Good one Ben..

It could be something silly like am air leak, this is an issue I had so gasket sealed all round the inlet etc and it went away.

The low idle speed is nothing out of the ordinary, these cars seem to idle really low.

Does the fault code that came up not lead towards the idle control valve or map/maf sensor?

Good one Ben..

It could be something silly like am air leak, this is an issue I had so gasket sealed all round the inlet etc and it went away.

The low idle speed is nothing out of the ordinary, these cars seem to idle really low.

Does the fault code that came up not lead towards the idle control valve or map/maf sensor?

The fault codes that came up was random missfire and idle control module revs to high or something like that, it must be something easy i think as it doesnt do it all the time lol