Coventry meet

Cooper_GTI

Do any of you on here actually go to this Cov meet?

It's a general VW meet, held every Wednesday evening (8pm ish) and i think it's either at the Ricoh arena, or it's at Sainsbury's just down the road from there.

I havent been for months and months, but even when i did it was full proper scene cars/people who didnt seem to want to meet new people, they'd rather just stand in their little group. Lol

I go every week and stand in my own little group. Did you day hi to anyone or sit in your car on your phone?

Everyone is sound, I had no issue when I first went, you need to remember its been going for years and a lot of people knew each other before the meet started.

I often go for a curry afterwards with some of them, open invite

Well, when i last went in my mk2, i almost got laughed out of there for having 205/50/15 tyres, by 2 kids with wheels worth more than my car.

I did get out, and i did walk round looking at others cars, but nobody really seemed interested. I got chatting to one lad who had a mini, who also said he felt a little un welcome.

I think it has the potential to be a really good meet...

It is a really good meet ;)

Thing is a few bad apples choose to turn up, usually non vag in saxos and one guy in an auto non turbo supra who things tokyo drift was a documentary lol.

Pop up one week and say hi, i'm not going this week as really not in the mood due to a crap shift at work.

Alot depends upon the weather, mega nice day brings alot outta the woodwork wheras days like today will most likely be the core 10-15 cars and a few randoms

Yup, probably about 25-30 cars. Will most likely look at moving the meet elsewhere soon as starting to get more and more non vag bodykitted ****s starting to hang about.

One of which managed to trap his mates arm between a bollard and his corsa lol

Ha, wish i'd have gone, just to see that if nothing else!

I might take a trip down next week if the weathers good. I'm now rolling on BBS splits too! :)

I assume by your comment that i cant come in convoy with my mates Corsa turbo and a 1963 mini with an R1 engine??