Missfire doing my chod in!!

Rudaz

As per title. Got a really bad missfire and vagcom says cylinder 3. So far I have changed plugs leads and bought a new coil pack and also a new injector and it's still crap. Light comes on the dash every now and again but goes off after a short while. Any ideas? It's proper doing my sweed in! Thanks danny

Hi thanks for reply. I have a slight bit of oil in spark plug 1 area next to filler cap but I put this down to the filler neck being broken as it's always had a bit of oil in there but not misfired. Also it doesnt loose oil?? Just put a new filler neck on but now you say this I'm worried lol. Could it be a big job as I'm no mechanic but have a lot of mates that can do it. Thanks Danny

I have it running and unplugging tge clips going to the injectors one at a time and once again when I unplug injector 3 there is no change so I'm thinking there is no electric getting to it... Any ideas?

I have a similar problem at the moment. I got a slight shudder and jerks a bit in 2nd gear. I saw slight oil seeping from my rocker cover into one off my spark plugs.(closest to oil filler). I sealed the rocker cover and changed the spark plug. Ran fine during test run. But the problem is back.

I think the injector is fine as when is is driving you can hear pops and bangs from the exhaust - I think this is fuel from cylinder 3 that is just being swept straight through without being ignited.

I think the injector is fine as when is is driving you can hear pops and bangs from the exhaust - I think this is fuel from cylinder 3 that is just being swept straight through without being ignited.

I know. New coil pack dudnt make slight bit of change so thought injectors the next thing to try. Hoping it's not ecu related??

I just checked my plugs all 4 wer full off oil..... Well not full but there was signs off oil on the plugs I just cleaned them and put them back in. Car runs much better now. But if I put new plugs in I think that will solve my problem.

I cant see how. Have you swapped the plugs round?

Yep swapped them around twice :( feels more than a slight misfire now. I'm not even using it at the moment. Danny

Errm maybe about 2-3 weeks ago?? Slightly bad at first, gradually worse.

Big jase - put most o a bottle of red-x in throttle body and one in tge fuel and tbf it sounded sweet at first but then went back to standardly sh*t lol. Need fuel now so gonna put some in tomorrow and see if it makes a change, praying it was just a dodgy batch of fuel but know it won't be :(

Edit, by gufted you mean busted? Maybe not opening the top? Humm. Worth a check

Edited by Rudaz

Yeah get it scanned

Redex shouldn't go in throttle body, spary carb cleaner in throttle body and rev the car

Its been scanned - the only fault is misfire in cyl3

Did you literally pour the redex down the TB? Im suprised it didnt just stall

My mate did it, he is a mechanic so trust him to do it right. Straight down the tb a little bit at a time. Na it didn't stall just got better haha

It's fixed :D would you believe after trying 3 different ht leads I tried one more thinking if it's not this then I'm taking it to a garage and it's running sweet! Just shows how temperamental the silicone leads are! The last one (which was new may I add) has cracked my NGK plug down tge ceramic part which will explain it getting worse. So a new plug and lead and codes cleared and it's running great again. Just gonna give it a good service now and fill the tank and enjoy driving again. Cheers guys for the help and thanks to defcon5 for your time, be sure I'll be down next time I have a fault :D