New to VW

StewGTi

Hello everyone, my names Stewart and i dont own a VW as yet. I am looking for a Lupo GTi. I did test drive one last week and i must say was very impressed to say the least. I am currently driving a Honda Civic EG and am on Honda forums, my car has been on the forum stands at Japfest/Jap Show etc. But im leaving it behind to join you guys. All my mates are into VDubs and i have been to Ace Cafe afew times on Dub night etc etc. So prob seen afew of your cars already! So, plan is to get a Lupo GTi, Hopefully the 6 speed, and hoping to find one standed, then i can make my mark on the car. Ive had alook at ofew of your cars in the members car section and must say the standed is very high. Well, hope to be a regular on here and hoping to gain alot of knowledge from you all.

Speak soon!

Stew

Edited by StewGTi

5 speed is reckoned to be quicker to top end due to more changes required with the 6 gears and you need to keep the rev's up to keep them on the ball.

It may be true that there is more flexibillity on B roads with the 6 speed, as with a 5 speed you may leave it 4th to chuck it around the bends, the 6 speed can hop between 4/5th to keep the rev's on, but it's all about driving style.

I wouldn't let it put you off if you have found a good solid example.

Good luck with your search.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as i know the sport is 5 speed,and the GTi is 6 speed i dont think they do a 5speed GTi

sport is 100bhp

The GTi is 125 bhp

Just to clear this up - the early GTIs were 5 speed, the later ones (mid 2002 onwards I believe - feel free to correct me though if I'm wrong on the date) were 6 speed.

Mine was 5 speed.