Electric window problem

Hi guys and gals

I have a 2000 lupo sport with a scorpion alarm. Yesterday the windows were working all day then I went out for a meal come back went to put the windows down and they wouldn't :wacko: but if I set the alarm while sat in the car I can open and close them so I know it cant be the fuse etc. Has anyone come across anything like this before?

I dont have a clue what I can do

Edited by Oaten

i have a scorpion system installed in mine, the other day it just stopped working, i had it checked over (at a cost of £30 ffs) and need a new control unit for it. dont really believe the ppol who checked it tho, think they just wanted more money out of me. When it first stopped working, i had to use the key to unlock the car, which set off the scorpion alarm, which i had to deactivate with the scorpion fob, so it seemed to me that 2/3rds of it still works, so i may try to see if the sensor connector came loose, in which case i will go back to the assessor and demand a refund!

i have a scorpion system installed in mine, the other day it just stopped working, i had it checked over (at a cost of £30 ffs) and need a new control unit for it. dont really believe the ppol who checked it tho, think they just wanted more money out of me. When it first stopped working, i had to use the key to unlock the car, which set off the scorpion alarm, which i had to deactivate with the scorpion fob, so it seemed to me that 2/3rds of it still works, so i may try to see if the sensor connector came loose, in which case i will go back to the assessor and demand a refund!

Where abouts in the door is this?

Its so frustrating not being able to get into the doors due to there being so much metal

its not in the door, it is the siren attached under the bonnet, all built in apparently. and my keyfob sensor is in my lower dash, i will trace the wire and check for faults myself.

May be a good idea to take your top doorcards off to follow the cables, see what u find.

its not in the door, it is the siren attached under the bonnet, all built in apparently. and my keyfob sensor is in my lower dash, i will trace the wire and check for faults myself.

May be a good idea to take your top doorcards off to follow the cables, see what u find.

Hmmm I will have a look 2moro

• 5 weeks later...

Ok so my new plan is just to disconnect the electric windows from the alarm to see if that makes a difference. I was looking for any extra wiring from the alarm that may control the windows but Im not 100% sure where to look apart from the pics below

Any advice would be great

Thanks

window2k.jpg

window3r.jpg

window4i.jpg

Edited by Oaten

I have the same problem minus the alarm part of it I have taken my door cards off following the door card how to and tried to repair the switch part trying to follow the how to on that but I managed to rip the switch in half rather than completely removing it :( didn't really help though I think I did it wrong or something this is bringing me close to tears now as the weather is killing me and I resent paying a garage to do this for me as father in law is a mechanic he is just on holiday ARGGGGGGGG

If your switches are knackered, can you still open (and close) the windows with your key? Eg. Unlock the car, hold the lock in the open position and the windows roll down, ditto in reverse for locking.

If your switches are knackered, can you still open (and close) the windows with your key? Eg. Unlock the car, hold the lock in the open position and the windows roll down, ditto in reverse for locking.

I dont think its the switches as if I arm my alarm I can press the switch down and the windows go down :angry:

Aye, the closure is pretty cool too, even does the sunroof, handy if you get out and forget or you've left it open in the sun and it starts raining.

• 2 weeks later...