constant live on headunit including standby light

ive fitted the above headunit tonight less the antenna connection aint got the adaptor,

only issue that its constant live and when the headunit is turned off the standby light remains on is this norm for these head units as i dont want to kill the battery,

cheers

Should be 2 wires you switch round.

The constant live and another one. :) Normally red (constant) and yellow (whatever that is)

Check in the handbook for the headunit. It should say in there what to do for VAG cars.

Jabbles,

ive changed the wires over still perm live this was the same on my Alpine, however the alpine does'nt have a standby light, unlike the Jvc

unit and theres no mention in handbook about the power button illumation after ign/headunit is off???

might revert back to the Alpine 9860ri

Hmm.. that is weird. Might be worth getting in touch with JVC support? Or try the original wiring set up. I switched mine round when I got it and that caused the memory loss malarky. I put it back to how it came and all was well!

Jake.