Help Needed! Clutch, drive shaft?

Hi there

I recently lowered my car another 40mm taking the front and rear down to 80mm. Since then when I push the clutch in to change gear there is a really really loud weird noise, almost like a rubbing noise? The week before I had lowered my car, the clutch was kind of squeeky though..

Went down to a local garage yesterday and they said basically the car had been lowered too much and the drive shaft was now rubbing and mishaped causing the noise when I clutch.

Been told the only way to solve this would be to raise the front end 10mm, is there any other possible way about this without having to raise the car? Also the clutch does not seem to make the noise when stationery. I was hoping to go lower aswell..

Surely there must be a way around this? As there are thousands of Lupos lowered way more than 80mm which doesn't have the same problem.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated, Cheers!

The drive shafts can rub against the chassis as Rob said, but if you are moving they are always turning, the position of the clutch doesnt affect them.

Is it only when you press the clutch, and at no other time?

If your driveshafts are bent it will vibrate like hell at high speed too

The drive shafts can rub against the chassis as Rob said, but if you are moving they are always turning, the position of the clutch doesnt affect them.

Is it only when you press the clutch, and at no other time?

If your driveshafts are bent it will vibrate like hell at high speed too

Yeah its only when I press the clutch, even the smallest amount of pressure atall and its making noises. The mechanic had said my drive shaft was mishappen and if I was to raise the car another 10mm it would maybe take the pressure off?