1.4 sport 16v

Lupo Dave

Dave I also have a 1 litre and was planninng on fitting a 1.4 16v 100hp engine.

I have been driven in both, and although the GTi was seriosly powerful, the sport was so much frantic.

Really revy.

The GTi and Sport have lttle between them untill 100mph??

I forget the times, but John will remember.

mine used to be a sport. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

used to be that is sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

most people i spoke to wouldn't believe it was a 1.4!!! says it all i think.

The 1.4 16v's have great little engines, but you have to keep them above 2500 rpm to get the most out of them. Whack an air filter on them they sing all the way up to the red line. I have noticed that the air box is really restrictive. Not been in a gti though, been in an ax vts if that helps.

I couldn't be happier with my Sport! Very nippy, both town and motorway.

Paid £4,750 3 months ago. After lots and lots of looking all around London, it was a great deal, especially for a black one as they seem to be pricer than otherr colours at that time.

Al

hi everyone,

If anyone's still looking for a sport there's a stupidly cheap one in the for sale section (mine!)

http://forum.clublupo.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7608

I drove a standard 1.4 before buying a 1.4 sport and the sport was loads faster (has an extra 25bhp so to be expected smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> )

Compaired to a standard 1l there's no contest, I think it has almost double the horse power! Since it weighs the same as a 1l you should get at least a 50% increase in performance (you will not get this without stupid mods to a 1l)

reduced to insane prices - it's about £1500 less than I paid less than 10 months ago!!!

Who`s looking for a Sport later in the year? idea.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":idea:" border="0" alt="idea.gif" />

My wifes car should be up for grabs by then. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Jazz Blue Colour Concept 30ish K FSH VAG warranty. 8)

Just a thought?

Steve.

PS Tigz might still have photo`s!!!

ok having driven and owned 2 of them (sport & GTI)....the sport is a massive improvement over the 1.0, both the engine and the better brakes. I find with the 16v sport it could prob nearly keep up with the GTI but like someone said it is definately more frantic....

by that i mean u need to keep the revs higher to get the best out of it, and mine really did shoot to the red line quickly. in comparison the GTI doesnt need to be revved as high to get the same speed and fun out of it, u dont need to work it quite as hard....this is also party down to the 6spd box, which i find much nicer to use than my old 1.4 sports 5 spd. get what u pay for with these really

i think the 6spd box would be really good but as it will only be my 2nd car i caqn see the insurence being stupidly high, although ive looked around a bit i cant find many sports about, is this going to be the only problem.....maybe i should look at a gti. is there much difference between the prices?

Dave.

hell yeah. the gti's are a lot more expensive.. sports are easy enough to come by you just gotta keep lookin but you got crap loads of time to find one...

oh and you can get them to 116 brake on the rollers for like 500 quid if that.

er i think that superlupo thinks hes on a bout the TDI? correct? is so 16% increase on the sport petrol for 500notes, Where do i sign? Can u get a 6 speed box on the sport?

Superlupo had a 100bhp sport lads, got it roller'd @116.

Sport's don't come with 6 speed box's but defo one would fit, don't think u would even need a new gear linkage!