VW Lupo 1.4s gearbox

vwross

For sale a VW Lupo 1.4s fully refurbished 5 speed manual box and is great for a spare or replacement

2000/2001 gearbox and has done only 29,500 miles on

Part Number: 085301107

Input shaft bearing replaced (have invoice for)

Price: £250 (ONO)

This VW gearbox is used across the range of VAG cars:-

Audi, Seat, Skoda & VW.

Particularly models:- Golf, Bora, Leon, Toledo, Octavia and Audi A3.

Symptoms: – Gearbox oil pouring out of gearbox, sometimes with slipping clutch due to oil contamination.

Often the gearbox jams and the car can not be moved.Gears fail and there is no drive to clutch and wheels.

Cause: - Hole punctured in the gearbox casing due to a sheared weak rivet on the differential failing. The rivets attaching the final drive gear to the differential are weak and shear off, sometimes after only 30,000 miles on early gearboxes. This a common problem with these gearboxes.

Cure: - Replace weak rivets with stainless steel nuts and bolts, add reinforcing metal plate between the bolts and then fully recondition gearbox.

(an additional £50.00 surcharge is payable if no rebuildable exchange unit is returned and returning the unit is at customers own cost).

Pick up preferred but can post by courier for an additional £30

Thanks for looking

any questions feel free to e-mail me

Edited by vwross

Hi,

Im just a private seller, its my gearbox from my lupo thats been refurbished, and whilst i was fixing mine i bought a new gearbox so i could use my car at the same time.

Cheers fo the interest