1.8t conversion

brylupo

im new to this engine conversion business and been told quiet a few different things that are needed or to be made

i know theres a few on here so just a couple questins :)

1, wot engine mounts were used ?

2, which driveshafts or can i use my standard ones ?

3, can i get a 6 speed box to work with it ?

4, turbo upgrade, will it be worth doing this aswell as the clutch?

cant think of any more at the minute but im sure theres more lol

car is a 1.4 16v non-sprt

cheers for all the help , much appreciated :)

You need to fabricate the mounts

Custom shafts are probably needed

You'll have to use the turbo box (some of which are 6 speed)

You could put a K04 turbo on it, but i'd wouldnt set about tuning the turbo lump till its up and running.

cheers for the quick reply , i was asking bout the mounts coz i read somewhere , dont remember were , that u can use mk2/3 golfmount set up with a custom front mount ?

and it will all be up and running before anything gets tuned :)

I used custom mounts, driveshafts, and from wat I was told u can't use a 6 speed box as ther to big and also the sane with a ko4 turbo as it has twin down pipes which don't won't fit between the bulkhead and the back of the block I'm on a ko3s turbo front mount custom 3" exhaust solid boost pipes induction and dump valve and remap and been told it's running about 235-250 bhp still not had it rolling roaded as yet so can't give an exact reading

I used custom mounts, driveshafts, and from wat I was told u can't use a 6 speed box as ther to big and also the sane with a ko4 turbo as it has twin down pipes which don't won't fit between the bulkhead and the back of the block I'm on a ko3s turbo front mount custom 3" exhaust solid boost pipes induction and dump valve and remap and been told it's running about 235-250 bhp still not had it rolling roaded as yet so can't give an exact reading

can i be cheeky and ask for details of mounts and shafts please , those power figures is were id like to be hitting too , and also a remap :)

can i be cheeky and ask for details of mounts and shafts please , those power figures is were id like to be hitting too , and also a remap :)

I´ve used the Mk4 golf mount for the rightside and welded the console from mk4 into the Lupo.

For the left side (gearbox) i´ve used lupo standard upper part but with custom made mount on the gearbox.

The Driveshafts i have used is from mk2 16v with Lupo outer joints, the rightside is left untouched in length but the left one

is shortned about 5cm.

I doubt these joints and shafts can handle 250hp but they work fine for 150-200hp, i have tested them :)

Its not only mounts and shafts that haveto be custom made, its exhaust, intercooler piping, and pretty much everything else.....

Start with getting the engine in the car and get it running properly and then tune it as you like, thats my opinion.