Centre box/silencer removal and lowering springs. + cold air feed.

theo_scene

Hey guys, when i bought my 03 1.0 arosa it came with some 17"'s on it and ive put up with them for quite a while but i just cant stand it anymore or how high it makes it off the ground :D, the handling is terrible now and i think they need balancing but i just wanna go smaller because i just need to, so im gonna get some 15's 195/45/15 and then i wanna lower it down, what are the issues with lowering it by 60mm because i wanna go as low as possible, does it scrape something underneath but im guessing the wheels at 15's with 195/45/15 would be fine? or is it just safer in general to go down by 40mm? .But yea i want it low. Ive also had a backbox put on but it sounds like a hairdryer and i might get it de-cat but im thinking about taking the centre box/silencer out and replacing it with a pipe because im told that would make it louder, just wondered what pipe id need for this as i cant find anything when i google it. And also my air/induction pipe is knackered, the one that goes down towards the drivers wheel arch, so i wanna just replace it with a good cold air feed straight from the fog light grill in the bumper or something but there would be alot to drill through behind the bumper to get it through, has anyone else done this or would having it come from somewhere else be better ? i was gonna buy a trumpet cone cold air pipe for it. I just wanna get it sorted because i know its gotta be slowing me down so i wanna give it plenty of cold air.

Any advice/help appreciated, cheers.

Don't get springs, get coilovers.

It's a 1.0, it will just be loud & as people used to say to me when I had a 1.0, it'll sound like your going warp speed 9 when your doing 30mph, don't do it.

Although I'm very glad you've gotten rid of the 17s.

You can go down nion 100mm all around with 195/45/15s and get no scrubbing issues, or 165/50/15 just to be sure.

But 17s, springs, leds & a 1600w sub is nothing to be proud of as advertised in your driving info.

One last thing, BRAP TING POW, safe.

im running 100mm back and 120mm front on a sport,

im on 15x7 on 165/50 and its fine, yeah big speedbump it slightly catches but nothing else,

if i was you id get a standard airbox with a good panel filter will be better results,

id keep a 1litre as quiet as possible, mines straight through with manifold and mines too loud for a sport with gti bhp

less is more and its all down to small details

Not really great for money right now, the 15's i want are gonna cost me £525 brand new, im at college so.., is there something bad about springs then or ?. and is that cold air feed a good idea since its not getting any cold air hardly at the moment ?.

Theo.

ive got 15's with the same tire measurement your interested in. im on a set of TA coilovers with about 70-75mm drop and ive got no rubbing isues at all. dont get me wrong, you cant go flying over speedbumps and i wunt go offroad any time soon but other than that you shud be fine. if your tight on money id reccomend looking on ebay. get a set of bbs ra's. old school and very stylish =) and alot cheaper than £550

I ordered some silver lenso rs5 15"s yesterday, i think they will look sweet personally when its down on its ass. Ive decided to deffinatly not get lowering springs and save for coilies next month. how much would it cost for a place to fit coilies btw ?. Ive also decided not to de-cat and i just want to take the huge ass silencer middle box out instead but not sure where i can get a pipe to replace it. And can anyone please post pics of there arosa's cold air feed and where it comes out of the airbox and where it goes down to etc, im not exactly sure how to do it even when i get a pipe.

id reccomend the coilovers ive got. some TA techniks. got mine off ebay for £220 new from germany. adjustable from 30-80mm drop. i ant had any problems with them. when it comes to fitting it helps if you know someone. i wud say your looking at £100 for fitting.