Rear badge question, quick response needed please

Shane.

Removed original badge on girlfriends lupo as with the black rubber surround thing it looks terrible IMO, went for the sharan badge option but now the recess around is bugging me. Is there any others that are a better fit? Looked at mk5 handles as they seem about the same size as the lupo but without the rubber surround? Pics of what others have done would be great.

Thanks

Shane

The Mk5 Golf badge/handle is the exact same size as the original Lupo one.

But the whole handle is one piece, so you will have to either recess the mechanism into the boot, to sit flush, like this..

Mr ColinG..

2008-05-10HR009.jpg

or use a donor boot and use weld the whole section with the lip around the badge..

nayr..

4759583013_d00e6f0d98_b.jpg

Either way, the boot will have to be cut and repainted. Then it will have to be wired in with a boot popper, as its an electrical switch, not mechanical.

Ah I thought it mite be the switch & a badge separate not a whole unit :( bugger would love to go mk5 handle but not my car to do it on. So basically gunna have to go back to oem lupo badge? I take it the plastic/rubber surround could be colour coded silver to not make it stand out so much?

Silver, it doesn't and it does really don't like the recess around it and if I was gunna worry about smoothing things then would go whole hog with mk5 handle so need simple option. The badges will be painted same colour as the wheels when they get redone with the badge backing colour coded

Thanks

Shane

i use a 9n polo rear badge, which you can also take apart and spray the innards. Not got a photo at the moment as my car is filthy!!!