Are automatic lupos any good??

vince172

I've seen an ad for a tidy looking lupo with a 1.4 auto in it, are these boxes any good, anything to watch out for or be aware of???

Also parkers shows the mpg to be 38 combined, is this an accurate figure????

Please tell me this isnt for you? You will be devastated coming from a 172.

I have no experience of the auto, but generally small engines and old auto geaboxes are not a good combination

I wouldn't imagine an auto box with a small imagine would be much fun- any particular reason you "need" an auto box?

If by any good you mean "do they break" I would imagine it's like any car- at the age the Lupo will be it might have a few issues. I would imagine the Auto's have been bought by grannies and the likes to do a mile or two up/down the road. Low miles can not be very kind to cars- get it checked thoroughly if you can.

Tbh I think this thread seems very one sided, who in here has actually owned a 1.4 Lupo Auto? I've got one and tbh I can't fault it. Doesn't break down, comfortable in town and out on the open road. 99% of the time I'd rather have an auto to a manual. The fuel mpg isn't too bad, depends what sort of run your doing. I somehow managed to get 260 miles out of the last tank, normally averaging about 230 to the fuel light coming on. Best advice I can give you is to go drive it, see how you get on. If you want a car for cruising, then the auto is a no brainer. If you want something for ragging it round town, I'd look at something else. It's not a slow car by any means and overtaking is really easy, no need to drop a gear yourself get past then change up. Does it all for you in a nice smooth movement :).

My mrs used to have a 1.4 Sport Auto and it was fantastic - still nippy and fun to drive, and being a small car the changes were responsive, smooth and effortless. She swapped it for a brand new Toyota Aygo auto and that was poor in comparison!

It was because her auto was such a fun little car that I bought my Lupo last year for commuting.

driving an auto is easy, just remember to keep your left foot on the "rest" pedal. i dont personally own an auto, but ive driven quite a few and i bought my gf an auto for her first car.

very true whats been said tho, it isnt that exciting to drive but it is extremely smooth on the gear changes and does generally drive superb.