Bash's Lupo Sport

bash1990

Right about time I got a build thread going. I previously had a Fresco green 1L se lupo which I did a fair bit of work on but just got to a stand still with it(got bored of the whopping 50bhp) so I swapped it for Reed's Sport, there's quite alot of tidying up that needs doing to it so its more of a project than my last lupo. I have done quite a lot of work to it already but mainly cleaning it and getting it mechanically sound.

My old Loop.

4886195644_7190dba705_z.jpg

The sport after UD.

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

Been cleaning the interior this weekend and will be getting my hands on a wetvac to do all the seats and carpets, which are in desperate need of a good clean.

All comments welcome.

Bash.

Edited by bash1990

hello bash glad to see yo have a thread on here for the sport, will have to come have a look at the next ECD mate maybe

Cheers dude. I'll have to come over and have a proper look at yours to as it looks awesome from the pictures I've seen of it.

yeah i see it once on the move in braintree and once at the meet but was when you was selling and was on steels i think remember seeing it when you had the caution tape aswell round colchester somwhere

Yeah that was winter mode on a set of old golf alloys look like crap. And the hazard tape was ages ago haha soon after that I decided to smooth the front end rather than just repair the damage that had been done.

• 5 weeks later...

About time I updated again, well the whole interior has been wet-vaced and looks a million times better, just the front door cards to strip down and clean by hand. Its been getting plenty of washes starting to get pretty anal with it too, took the rear lights out and cleaned behind them, couldn't believe how much dirt gets caught up behind there. And also got myself some pressed plates at GTI SpringFest, they look 100X's better than the stained plates it came with. Anyway pics.

Seats before:

IMG_0348.jpg

Seats during:

IMG_0347.jpg

And after, look nice and red:

IMG_0349.jpg

Couple of snaps of some detailing, haven't take pics of all stages but you all know how it goes:

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

Lastly pressed plates YO!!

IMG_0355.jpg

That's all for now should be doing some more work to it in the next week or so, all mechanical :(. New tyres going on as I'm fed up of the crappy Mohawks on there at the moment, under steers like a bitch. ABS will finally be sorted after spending 2 hours with a multimeter and oscilloscope diagnosing what was faulty, and maybe a oil change and some new wishbones seeing as there just taking up space in my room now.

Till next time, Bash.

• 6 months later...

Haven't updated this in a while... Well today I got my car back from the body shop after having full respray except for the roof and boot, had a few panels replaced and now it looks brand new, I love my car again...

Any way pics

065a965b.jpg

Still waiting for my new grill badge to arrive :/

77456071.jpg

And complete straight down the sides

a758270c.jpg

d4f7b2ec.jpg

Next up is tidy the interior up abit and get my wheels sorted out for the show season.

Cheers Chris

Did a quick dig through the photos on my phone and found some pictures of when my wheels graced the English soils fresh from Deutschland, and of course I had to do the obligatory test fit, hence why there hanging and various curb marks, all to be sorted with a quick refurb. But I can't complain for the hefty price of £90, anyway less rambling and some pics.

dfc1ff1e.jpg

06a3e0f7.jpg

f7176dc0.jpg

Of course they need some low profile tyres, and just for those who might want to know, they are BBS RZ 515, there 15x7 et 38 or somewhere around there.

Cheers Chris.

good job on the clean up, the seats look the puppies swingers !

Very nice mate, honestly you can clean main if you get some free time :)

what body shop have you used and how much was it ?

do you find it tricky with the back exhaust, i spent like 2 hours to clean it up and after 3 days it looks like it used to again...

can't wait for more updates :)

Very nice mate, honestly you can clean main if you get some free time :)

what body shop have you used and how much was it ?

do you find it tricky with the back exhaust, i spent like 2 hours to clean it up and after 3 days it looks like it used to again...

can't wait for more updates :)

Haha don't get asked that much...

I used a local body shop, Braintree accident repair centre, my dads mate owns it, full of old timers that really know what there doing.

And yeah the exhaust can be abit of a pain to keep clean but I gave mine a really good polish with a Drexel at work and a coat of sealant so a quick polish and it's gleaming again.

Right nothing has actually changed yet, well apart from I have now got my front badge fitted, but it has had its first clean since collecting it from the bodyshop, and I have to say it looks awesome, soo I had to go out and take some decent pictures especially now I have found my digital camera, after misplacing it after edition.

dc3a195c.jpg

579376d0.jpg

And then a couple on a jolly trying to find decent locations.

20a1cbd6.jpg

0e091c2a.jpg

There are plenty more I took but it's taking a while to upload so I'll get some of those up later tonight.

Chris.

Edited by bash1990

• 3 months later...

Haven't updated this in ages, well I have recently fitted some FK Highsport coilovers, whiteline rear ARB, 280mm Momo Team steering wheel, and a new pioneer head unit. Other than that I've just been trying to keep it clean and trying out some new products, today I gave it it's first proper wash and wax in a long time.

b6bad169.jpg

8cee0834.jpg

8c1c2708.jpg

db84f3de.jpg

And some reflection shots

050fa9e2.jpg

3d250386.jpg

51787dec.jpg

Thats all for now, hoping to get my BBSs refurbed before UD but it's going to be close.

Chris.