Limiter in 5th!

Red Lup Gti

If they'd have been my cams I'd have found the limiter in 6th about 2 mins after I'd decided they were run in tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Not feckin 6 months monster truck man tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Could it be that you have hit the wall so to speak, and have run out of power?

I was thinking that as when ever I hit 105 on the speedo I run out of steam, even though im no where near the limiter.

Or are you talking about something else? lol

Yeah limiter in 5th is just like in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th mate. Rubbish really as its just like governer on a diesel...no bouncing and banging like with some cars. Though a soft cut limiter like we have is better for the engine I know.

Now to stop being sarcastic and answer what you meant

I have not had the limiter in (top gear) 6th but had what feels like the "wind wall" that we all talk about. Had an indicated 140mph for about 5 miles coming back from Trax in 2003. Engine note changed to a real hard edged bark, the car would not rev anymore or gain any more speed but it was not quite on the rev limiter. Sounded mental and like is was going to explode.

That was with the engine standard, I reckon that given somewhere long and police free I could get limiter in 6th now.

lol, right then!

thought i 'hit it' last week but was'nt sure, basically what it does is drop on to 3 cylinders at an indicated 142 mph!! and wil not rev past it.

@ snoop, 4 axle stands sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

At first i thought it was just plugs breaking down but its definatly limiter!

(private aerodrome wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)

QUOTE(paulbin)
has the 1 litre got anough power to use a 6 speed is it the gear ratio that matters?

poor old 1.0E struggles on 5spd.. and thats a very short geared g'box. 6spd would kill it... down to 2nd gear for hills me thinks sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

QUOTE(Red Lup Gti)
lol, right then!  

thought i 'hit it' last week but was'nt sure, basically what it does is drop on to 3 cylinders at an indicated 142 mph!! and wil not rev past it.

@ snoop, 4 axle stands sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

At first i thought it was just plugs breaking down but its definatly limiter!  

(private aerodrome wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)

hmmmmm. how come no one hit it in Europe last year?