NEEDED!! someone with brains

hey,

having a problem with the lupo when i go out and have a drive i get out an leave the car for about an hour come bk and it doesnt want to start first time. it turns over but wont kick in frist time i have to turn the key wait a min then start again and then it works. its happend 5 plus times now and i dont leave anything left on.

can anyone help????

natx

Mmmm, i dont know to be honest.

BUT!...

Was speaking to a guy at work, he was on about one of his old cars and his gears were weird because it was an old alfa, i dont have a clue how it works. But to drive it first would be ok, then after a while it'd be stuck in a gear and wouldnt get out for ages!

So the solution was to change the oil, the previous owner used oil that was too thick so for some reason when everything was hot and running nicely it wouldnt be doing any good and wasnt lubricating enough!

Could be something oil related?

the green temp sensor will be at fault my friends car used to do it after driving it for 5 mins you have to wait for 5 mins at petrol satations ect very inconvinient

• 2 weeks later...