GTI spin!!

Ty

yeah ive just ordered some 215/45 toyo `t1-s` tonight.

i cant wait to get them on... sadly having to break into my coilover fund, but as snoop says;

Obviously coilovers are good, but not if you have crap tyres.
:wink:

Had my 17's on nearly 2 years now and had 10 Yokohama A539's on since I got them. Thought these tyres were amazing but just had a set of Toyo Proxes put on the front and they are amazing. Best tyres I have ever had (apart from Yokohama A008 on my mini).

The Toyo's are quiet, comfy, amazing dry grip, and so far good in the wet. They even look nice and have a rounded shoulder so I can lower the car more now biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> as got more arch clearance.

yeah the a539's are good but they do wear down quite quckly i found. i had them on my last car for about 18 months and atleast half of the tread had gone when i sold it. looking forward to getting my toyo's on tho! :wink:

I defo think we should have a tyre tryed and tested section! As we well know the standard dunlops on our loops are proper crap so anyone in theyre right mind will want to change them. So a guide letting everyone know about the alterative tyres and their pro's and con's i.e In wet, In dry, Hard cornering, daily driving, general wear, look, price and so on

What dya recon?

i certainly will mate, il be giving them a good run out this weekend provided i get 'em on, so i will keep you all posted. they will be better than the dunlops no doubt, but i will have to wait and see how much!

I got my loop back this afternoon and after some proper sideways/4 wheel drift action round a roundabout (testing whether VW have got my steering sorted, which they have) i have decided not to wait and am looking at some Toyo's this weekend, feck it its only money!!

Ive had it with these scarely crap tyres!!! :x

What sorta price have you guys been quoted?

toyos changed my life *Trisha Special*
laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

well ive got them on and it was worth every penny, they are spot on. grip in the wet is brilliant. although the front drivers side rubs on the arch liner on full lock.... but who cares! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

no its not lowered mate, i was wondering about this cos it doesnt rub badly, just the corner of the tire on the rear of the arch liner on the front drivers side when on full right lock.

i was wondering if the arch liners would have to be removed to lower it?