oops... removing radiator

well i was just starting to take the slam panal off, went to unplug the radiator without thinking (mainly because i dont know what im doing) and pulled the top hose off...woooose orange liquid came out.

only about 1-2 litres came out before i got the hose back on.

now, will i still be able to drive the car (about 10 metres) even though its lost this?

Edited by marcusgrant

where do i put the coolant? What do i put in it? just water or do i need to mix it with antifreeze or something? Theres gallon of antifreeze in the garage and it looks the same colour!

I'm sorry i am a total noob, bit embarrassing as my old man has been a mechanic for the last 30 years :lol: he's gone for a bit so cant ask him.

oh and i would push it but its up a bloody hill lol

where do i put the coolant? What do i put in it? just water or do i need to mix it with antifreeze or something? Theres gallon of antifreeze in the garage and it looks the same colour!

I'm sorry i am a total noob, bit embarrassing as my old man has been a mechanic for the last 30 years :lol: he's gone for a bit so cant ask him.

oh and i would push it but its up a bloody hill lol

For future reference, you dont have to measure out 50/50. If your coolant is a bit low, stick some water in. If its looking a bit diluted, stick a bit of anti freeze in - usually pink.

I cant believe your old man runs a garage and you havent at least got an interest in it?! And how can you own and run a modified car without knowing what the coolant is! :lol: Proper creased me!

For future reference, you dont have to measure out 50/50. If your coolant is a bit low, stick some water in. If its looking a bit diluted, stick a bit of anti freeze in - usually pink.

I cant believe your old man runs a garage and you havent at least got an interest in it?! And how can you own and run a modified car without knowing what the coolant is! :lol: Proper creased me!

I've got an interest but he just isn't interested in teaching me! lol. He is a mobile mechanic and as he has been doing it so long has sort of lost interest so when he is at home the last thing he wants to do is teach me, i do understand little bit but not as much as i would like to.

Normally i wake up on a sunday morning after and night out and hes like, 'marcus i've serviced your car'. good old boy.