Cannot fit ATS Classics back on after new brake pad fitment?

DarkStryder360

Not sure on that 1. But yea my mate had the same problem in his Ibiza with floating spacers he was doing 80 and the wheel fell off but his car is so low that it just sat In the arch and he was ok but since then both of us ordered hubcantric spacers lol. So much easier to put your wheels back on too!! D

Not sure on that 1. But yea my mate had the same problem in his Ibiza with floating spacers he was doing 80 and the wheel fell off but his car is so low that it just sat In the arch and he was ok but since then both of us ordered hubcantric spacers lol. So much easier to put your wheels back on too!! D

Yeh it was ideal the car was low at the time as it was only a small drop for the car, well the brake disc was sat in the inner part of the rim haha.

If you're gonna go hubcentric you'll need 15mm or wider.

The hub on the rear is only 15mm, I had to grind them down to get my 13mm hubcentric spacers to fit up against the hub properly.

Rear? They're for the front wheels. :lol:

Something I noticed from these Hubcentric eBay ones...

It says 5x100.

They wont work will they.

I dont know about the fronts, but I'd guess they use the same dimensions as the rear.

You were right.

I emailed the guy about the 5x100 issue for starters, and he said they only have a 4x100 set up in 15, 20 and 25.

Will probably go for these.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15mm-Hubcentric-Spacer-Kit-VW-4x100-7949-/390279709896?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5ade7bc4c8#ht_1368wt_905

Although the hubcentric part looks thin?

Then there are these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WHEEL-SPACERS-4x100-57-1-15MM-VOLKSWAGEN-LUPO-/180534344041?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a08af7969#ht_688wt_1158

I dont wanna fork out ยฃ60 for the wrong thing. :angry:

Edited by DarkStryder360

I had this problem finding my 10mm ones. I had to get em from America!! Grrr so had to wait longer!! If you got 15 and thought there was too much poke you could always get em lathed (dunno how to spell) lol Down. ain't sure if this would be cost effective mind

Does it matter?

Yes, very much so. VW's come with a cone shaped headed wheel bolt whilst most to all aftermarket wheels require a 60 degree tapered bolt. Get it wrong and you risk the bolts loosening themselves off over time which aint good!

I had this problem finding my 10mm ones. I had to get em from America!! Grrr so had to wait longer!! If you got 15 and thought there was too much poke you could always get em lathed (dunno how to spell) lol Down. ain't sure if this would be cost effective mind

From America ha... how much you pay for those then! :wacko:

Its only extra 10mm, and I have camber on the fronts so it should be fine if the rozzers come along again with the Poke stick.

Yes, very much so. VW's come with a cone shaped headed wheel bolt whilst most to all aftermarket wheels require a 60 degree tapered bolt. Get it wrong and you risk the bolts loosening themselves off over time which aint good!

Good to know for the future just incase :)

Should be ok with the sets above as they come with the tapered bolts, I am sure?